Do you suffer from dry and itchy skin? Are you embarrassed by scars, blemishes or peeling skin? Let the suffering stop and show off your beautiful skin! Below are tips to help you in your journey to good skin care. You can get the beautiful, glowing and healthy skin you always wanted!
1. Relax! – Elevated stress levels can cause skin to become more sensitive and also initiate breakouts. Not to mention the wrinkles caused by constantly having a furrowed brow and clenched teeth! Try yoga or meditation to manage stress or just relax and take time out to do something you love. Relaxation techniques and learning coping skills will help reduce stress. Your skin can become damaged from stress. Your complexion will clear up significantly when you reduce environmental and emotional stressors. Having less stress in your life will be beneficial to the rest of your life too.
2. Get Protection From The Sun. – Whenever you go outside, remember to use plenty of sunblock. If you fail to do this, your skin could undergo something called photo aging. The sun damages the cells in your skin and will cause your skin to prematurely age, leading to more wrinkles in your skin as you age.
If you use sunscreen to protect your delicate skin, try making your own, by adding pomegranate extract to your diet. Surprisingly enough, there are compounds in pomegranate that can help your skin protect itself from sun damage, even without an extra layer of sunscreen. You can increase your skin’s protection against the sun up to 25 percent, by consuming about 60 mg of pomegranate extract daily.
3. Avoid Touching Your Face Often. To prevent breakouts of acne, try using facial care products that come in a spray-on applicator. This will keep you from transferring bacteria, oils and potentially irritating substances from your hands to your face while applying things like sunscreen or moisturizer. Having a more bacteria-free face can in turn reduce your chances of developing pimples.
4. Cut Back On The Sweets – Avoid excessive eating of chocolate to ensure optimal skin. Most chocolate can cause acne when eaten in too large of quantities, causing the body (primarily the face) to over produce oil. Some chocolate is fine to eat, but only eat the suggested serving size of the chocolate product you are consuming.
5. Remove Sweat And Oils From Your Skin Promptly. Try to bathe after exercising and try taking showers, at least twice a day. Make sure to use the body washes and soaps that work with your individual skin type. Also, make sure that you do not bathe with hot water and keep it warm or average. Bathing with hot water can strip the oil from your skin, leaving it very dry.
6. Exfoliate After Shaving – Hair removal often comes with an unwanted result: ingrown hairs. After you wax or shave, exfoliate the area with a loofah or an over-the-counter scrub each time you take a shower. Make sure to scrub the skin for at least thirty seconds. Moisturize with aloe vera gel afterward. This will prevent ingrown hairs from forming.
7. Try New Product To See What Works Best For You. Always look for free samples to try out new items. Ask at malls and beauty stores for complimentary products. Makeup reacts differently on various skin types and it is wise to find out which products will have a negative impact before spending tons of money. There is not a miracle product that works for everyone so be willing to test everything.
8. Be Selective About Your Makeup. If you choose to wear foundation, it pays to know what kind to wear based on your skin type. The wrong foundation can make you look somewhat artificial, whereas the right foundation, applied properly, can really bring out the best in your skin. Foundations come in a number of different forms – powder, a mix of powder & cream, cream, whipped or foam, liquid/lotion – and they all apply and appear quite differently, so it’s worth doing the research to find out which type best suits your complexion.
9. Be Mindful Of Other Products You Use. If part of your skin care plan includes using organic materials then make sure that you know where the ingredients are coming from. Many companies do not share this information, which means you may be getting more than what you bargained for. Countries like Europe offer a stricter set of rules that trace the ingredients back to their source, so consider purchasing from them.
Nobody should have to go through life being embarrassed by his or her skin. Using the tips above will help you get rid of blemishes, scars and dry, peeling skin. The tips will also help you have nourished, healthy skin that is radiant, beautiful and ready for the world to see.