The skin is the largest organ in the body. Like any other organ, it needs water to function properly. Some skin ailments like acne, can be cleared by a simple solution such as hydrating the body enough. I’m sure you have heard that dehydration is one of the factors that affect the skin. The answer is yes.
Drinking water for clear skin is one of the easiest things to do but not so easy. To be honest, water was never my favourite drink but now I love it. The sodas and all the sugary drinks you take the whole day do more harm than good. They don’t hydrate the body, instead they add more sugar and toxins which are bad news for your skin.
Coffee, tea, soda, alcohol, energy drinks contain water but at the same time have some dehydrating agents in them. Many times, people treat dehydration by drinking tea, a soda or others I have just mentioned. This should be avoided because the body can get more dehydrated except herbal or green tea which has more health benefits. So, here is why drinking water is good for your skin:
- Drinking water helps your body to flush out toxins and you should drink about 8 to 9 cups a day.
- When the body is dehydrated, it results in your body cells behaving badly. Some of the reactions lead to headaches, confusion, sugar cravings, fatigue and skin problems. The human body is 75% water and 25% matter. From this you can see the reason why you need a lot of water every day.
- Water helps the food you eat digest well which if not so can affect the skin. Undigested food can go into the blood and be stored as fat. As a result of this, the skin starts to break out.
- It is also a natural remedy for relieving headaches and fatigue. Every time you drink water, there’s a natural healing that take place.
- Water is one of the nutrients that the body needs everyday to keep you healthy, especially your skin. Drinking enough water helps enhance your complexion to look radiant.
- It’s also good to know that you can avoid stomach pain and cramps because water makes it easy for the food to be digested. Now you can see how important water is to the health of your skin.
There must be a balance in how much water one should consume. Having too little promotes unhealthy cravings and too much can affect your sleep which can lead to other health issues.